Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Captain Morgan Sweet & Sour Chicken (Shrimp)



This was originally a shrimp recipe but as I am allergic to shrimp, I make chicken!  I got this while watching a low budget TV show called RVTV for RVers.  Check out this breakdown in the difference between restaurant Sweet & Sour Shrimp and this version:
Calories 330/110
Fat Grams 23/4
Cholesterol 160/160
Sodium 1,928/300
I assume the Cholesterol is from the shrimp since it is the same in both.

Serves 2:
Ingredients:
1/4 c Brown Sugar
4 oz Spiced Rum II like Captain Morgan Spiced Rum)
Louisiana Hot Sauce to Taste (I use Great Value brand)
2 Small Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in 1/2" squares
1/8 tsp Cornstarch with a few T Spiced Rum

Directions:
In a small pan over med high heat, combine brown sugar and 4 oz spiced rum until sugar is melted.
Now, add the meat.
Cook until the meat is done--it won't take long.
Combine cornstarch and a little spiced rum in small cup until smooth and add to pan to thicken sauce.

Serve over choice of cooked rice or add to salad as they did in the RVTV episode.
My NOTE:  I like to serve over rice cooked with vegetables such as carrots or broccoli or peas.  Well, pretty much any type of rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment