Wednesday, February 11, 2015

How to Cook Bacon in the Oven

From me:  Bacon is great cooked like this!  Timberline in Wichita, KS used to bake bacon after rubbing with brown sugar.  It was really great--even on Baked Potatoes which is kind of surprising!


Have you ever cooked bacon in the oven?!

It used to be that I’d cook a few pieces of bacon from the package in a skillet, occassionally the microwave if I was in a hurry. But this growing brood of boys of mine means I’m making a full package every.single.time.

Because we like bacon.

BACON. BAAAACCCCCOOOOOOOOON!

It’s pretty simple. Place all the bacon onto a piece of foil that is nestled into a baking sheet with a rim.

(You have to have a rim on the baking sheet. Otherwise you’ll be smelling burnt bacon grease for weeks. And working the elbow grease as you scrub the bottom of your oven.)

Set the oven temp to 350.

Cook for 20 minutes. Give it a check to see if it’s cooked to your preference. Continue cooking, checking every 2-3 minutes, until it is cooked to your liking. Every oven is different and everyone likes their bacon cooked how they prefer, so…I’m going to leave it somewhat vague.

I cook mine until it looks like the above.

Then I remove and let it drain on some paper towels. Toss the foil and cooled grease. Devour the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment