Monday, June 8, 2015

Chicken Ranch Pasta

We've had this before and it was really good!  I like it!  I like to add some veggies to it for more nutrition and I think I might try some nutritional yeast as well.

I've seen several versions of this pasta on Pinterest and it looked delicious. I decided to put my twist on the recipe and it turned out great! This is a one pot dish (Chicken Legs favorite kind of meal since he cleans the kitchen). I boiled the pasta and then used the same pot make the cheese sauce and toss everything together. I took a shortcut and used half of a rotisserie chicken and this was done in minutes. We both loved it. How could we not since it has all the flavors of our beloved"Crack" Dip in it! Serve this with a salad and some bread for a delicious weeknight meal!

Chicken Ranch Pasta

8 ounces penne pasta
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tbsp flour 
2 Tbsp dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup cooked , chopped bacon
2 cups cooked chopped chicken 

In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. 
Drain and set aside.
In same pot melt butter. 
Add flour and stir. 
Cook flour for 1 minute. 
Slowly whisk in milk. 
Continue cooking until sauce thickens. 
Stir in ranch dressing mix and cheese. 
Stir until cheese melts. 
Add chicken, bacon and pasta. 
Stir to coat.

NOTE:  I think some nutritional yeast to up the protein value might be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment