Thursday, February 5, 2015

Cheesy Hash Brown Chili Bake


Steph Says:  I've had this recipe saved for a while. It has finally cooled off here in The 'Ham, and I thought this sounded like the perfect meal for a crisp Fall night. I assembled the casserole the night before and baked it when I got home from work. I was a little worried about how it was going to taste because is uses a can of Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce. I don't ever recall liking Manwich sauce, but I was willing to give it a try. I am so glad I did. This was really, really delicious! It smelled so good that even Fluffy was begging for a bite (it was driving her nuts). I served this with some Butter Dips (I added some cheese to the dough) and green beans. Chicken Legs is having leftovers for lunch today.


From Plain Chicken
adapted from myrecipes.com
serves 8

1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 can Manwich sloppy joe sauce
1 (15oz) can Hormel Chili with Beans
1 (8oz) Rotel tomato sauce (or regular)
1/2 (32oz) package shredded hash browns
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 425.

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain fat.

In a large bowl, combine beef, sloppy joe sauce, chili, tomato sauce, 1 cup cheese and hash browns.

Spread into a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan. Cover with foil.

Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes. Top casserole with remaining cheese. Bake a few minutes until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment