Monday, August 22, 2016

Teriyaki Chicken

All I can say is OHMYGOODNESS THIS IS YUMMMMMM...
(I found out that gman liked it so much that he even told my hairdresser about it! LOL)













I found the Teriyaki Chicken on allrecipes.com, but changed it up a bit for us.
1 T cornstarch
1 T cold water
1/2 C brown sugar (I think 1/4 c honey would be good too!)
1/2 c soy sauce (I used reduced sodium soy sauce)
1/4 c cider vinegar (I used balsamic vinegar--rice vinegar would be good too)
2 cloves garlic, minced (recipe calls for 1 clove, but we like garlic!)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (recipe calls for 12 skinless chicken thighs)


1) In small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper.
Let simmer, stirring frequently until sauce thickens and bubbles
2) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3) Place chicken pieces on a layer of heavy duty foil.
Pour sauce over chicken evenly. Turn and brush bottom with sauce as well.
Put layer of heavy duty foil over chicken and crimp edges to create a packet. (could place this in an oven cooking bag instead of the foil if you prefer.)
4) Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.
(the original recipe places chicken in baking dish and brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking, but I like the packet or bag cooking which bastes it as it cooks)

No comments:

Post a Comment