Sunday, October 5, 2014

Allergy Air Cleaner Essential Oil Blend

I use this to clean the air of dust mites, mold, mildew and other allergens--use weekly or more as needed.  I was told about this by James Barton.

Ingredients:
Niaouli (Melaleuca quinquenervia)
Clove (eugenia carophyllata) or Clove Bud (Syzygium aromaticum)
Lemon (Citrus limon)
Eucalyptus either globus or radiata (Eucalyptus globulus or Eucalyptus radiata)

Instructions:
Part of an overall protocol
1)  Diffuse this
2)  use Niouli (melaleuca quinquenervia) as anti-histamine during the day--does not cause drowsiness.
3)  Use Blue Tansy (Tanacetum anuum) at night (per Marge Clark) because it is a very powerful anti-histamine but causes drowsiness.  Use sparingly!

MY NOTE:  I used Blue Tansy in diffuser the first night but Frank the Pug had a bad reaction, so I then put 1-2 drops on cotton ball inside pillow case by my head which worked fine and kept the dog from having a reaction.  HOWEVER, after about a week or so, I found that I was beginning to have a histamine reaction to the blue tansy and woke up with a very full head.  I discontinued use of Blue Tansy and the problem stopped.

Now I only use Niaouli and the cleaning blend along with Neti Pot and it keeps the allergies under control.

If my sinuses seem to be inflamed and cannot breathe freely or ears stuffed up, I add a drop of pepperment EO which opens everything up well.

I put the niaouli and peppermint (if needed) on my collar to diffuse as I go about my day.  Works very well especially in summer when I don't want to diffuse with water diffuser adding moisture to the already hot and humid air.



No comments:

Post a Comment