Sunday, October 5, 2014

Martin's Roadkill Breakfast (Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole)




Ingredients:

1 lb breakfast sausage-browned, drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 eggs beaten, add pepper if you like
2 cups milk, mix with eggs
2 lbs Tater Tots

Directions:

Note from Martin: We made this, it was a keeper! Almost as good as Casey's Breakfast Pizza!
Preheat oven to 350. 
In a 9x13 pan layer the sausage first, then cheese.
Pour egg mixture over meat and cheese.
Cover pan with Tater Tot layer.
Bake 45-50 minutes.
Let it rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
8 servings

NOTE FROM MARTIN: In my pound of sausage I added 3 strips of bacon, crumbled. I may make it 6 strips next time, adds good flavor! Ham is also a possibility, probably would need to cook it to get rid of excess water!
Quick, easy and you can make it ahead.
TRY IT!

MY NOTE:  I took Martin's advice and added extra bacon.  I didn't have ham.  It was great!  This is definitely a keeper!  PS  I renamed it Martin's Roadkill in honor of Martin!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment