Friday, November 7, 2014

November 9-15, 2014

The weather forecast is to start around 80 degrees on Monday and then on Tuesday the temps will fall off a cliff as a polar vortex (or Calgary Clipper, or Artic Avalanche or whatever) come blowing in and dropping the temps by more than 20 degrees for daytime highs overnight!  Yikes!  We may actually get to freezing 


Monday
Taco Crescent Pie

Tuesday
Grandma's Rice or the CopyCat Stouffer's Grandma's Rice Version which looks slightly creamier and more like what we have had in the past and is made with chicken instead of ground beef...it's really hard to mess up a rice casserole though!   :)

Wednesday
Ham Cheddar Chowder
This was a recipe from one of my teachers in High School.  The recipe is easy and the chowder is oh so good!  Yep!  Pulling this one out for a cold day!


Thursday
Connecticut Beef Supper
When I got married, the ladies of my home church put together some of their favorite recipes as a gift.  This one was given to me by my Sister In Law, Carol in that batch of recipes.  So, this is another blast from the past!

Friday
Grill Day!!!!!  Burgers and fries--yep!  :)

This week, the yummy I am thinking of comes from the Hannah Swensen Mystery Series by Joanne Fluke.  This one is from the Key Lime Pie Murder.  I bring you....Cappuccino Royales!  They had me at coffee... :)  Yeah--well, I didn't get those baked last week, so I am going to make them this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment