Thursday, November 6, 2014

Upside Down Pizza

I think my eyeballs rolled back in my head with the first bite & then it got better!  This is lick the pan good!
This recipe came from E-Mealz.  I subscribed to the for a few years.  They really helped me get going with the menus and helped to widen our set of recipes so that we weren't eating the same few dishes all of the time.  This is one of our favs from their menus!  I also made it using my freeze dried food storage.  I will put both recipes on here...use whichever works for ya!  :)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
1 c Chopped Onion
12 oz Spaghetti Sauce
1 c Sour Cream
8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
8 oz Crescent Rolls (I use Low Fat and that works fine!)
2 cloves Garlic, minced (I added this because we LOVE garlic!)

Directions:

Brown Ground Beef & Onion in skillet; (I added a couple of cloves of garlic to it!); drain fat.
Stir in spaghetti sauce.
Cook over low heat, stirring often--10 min.
Spoon mixture into 9x13 inch dish (I used 8x8)
Top with sour cream & cheese.
Unroll crescent rolls & place over cheese.  (sometimes I unroll the pinch the seams together to make a single crust and sometimes I just take the triangles and piece them together over the top of the dish depending on my mood)
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Freeze Dried (Thrive) Food Storage Version

Ingredients:
3 c Freeze Dried Ground Beef
1 c Fresh Chopped Onion
2 cloves Garlic, minced
3 T Thrive Tomato Sauce in 12 oz water (which has all of the basil and spices included--to the consistency of Pizza Sauce--let it sit for a bit)
1 c Sour Cream
8 oz (c cups) Mozzarella Cheese
8 oz Crescent Rolls (I used reduced fat)
1/4 c Warm Water

Directions:
Mix up the Tomato Sauce and let sit while gathering and combining the rest of the ingredients.
Put 3 c dry Freeze Dried Ground Beef in bottom of pan.  
Add fresh chopped onion & garlic; stir together to combine.
Pour Tomato Sauce mixture over all.
Add 1/4 c warm water over all & stir a bit.
Layer 1 c Sour Cream over the top.
Layer 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese.

No need to hydrate beef ahead.  It will hydrate as it cooks.

Unroll crescent rolls & place over cheese.  Sometimes I pinch the seams together and sometimes I just take the triangles and piece them together over the top of the dish, stacking them to fit. 

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 min.





No comments:

Post a Comment