Sunday, March 20, 2016

Fajita Seasoning Mix


Fajita Seasoning Mix


Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Yield: 10 teaspoons

About This Recipe

"Rather than buying fajita seasoning, it's easy to make your own. Approximately 2 tablespoons equals 1 store-bought seasoning packet."


Ingredients
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt (1/4 tsp Salt)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon cube (I used Knorr Caldo Con Sabor de Pollo)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder  (3/4 tsp Onion Powder)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder  (1 tsp Garlic Powder)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin  (1 1/2 tsp Cumin)

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
Use as needed in recipes calling for fajita seasoning.

**MY NOTE:   I changed it up a bit, so my amounts are in red.  I cut the salt to 1/4 tsp.  I forgot to put in the cornstarch when I made mine but it wasn't a problem for use to rehydrate freeze dried chicken.  I think it would make a difference if using fresh chicken.

Based on this recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/fajita-seasoning-mix-28011

No comments:

Post a Comment